Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

All You Are

First off, I've failed at blogging for the last few months. Oh well, get over it. I have. :)

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having brunch with some wonderful ladies of Alpha Phi. Every other month our alumnae chapter gets together, and it's always a treasured experience. This one was extra special. Though it started with me not wanting to go anymore because I'd have to drive two hours to get there (I of course live the furthest away, and they all live pretty close together) and we were going to a place that was definitely going to cost far too much. But I sucked it up and went anyway. I am glad I did.

The food was expensive, but it was so amazing! The best part was the amazing women I get to spend time with. One of our sisters was diagnosed with brain cancer about 7 weeks ago. She has lived a long, beautiful life and decided to not pursue treatment. She was told that by not pursuing treatment she had about a month to live. That was over a month and a half ago. It is a blessing that she is here with us still. What's even better than that is that she is virtually symptom free. Her only symptom is weakness in the legs that makes standing up difficult. To look at her and talk to her is amazing because she is so full of life and so happy. It's a miracle, it really is. I cannot begin to explain how full of life she seems. You would never know she is sick. When we planned our next gathering (in February) she did not hesitate to add it to her calendar and tell us she'll be there.

I was so inspired by the radiance of this amazing sister. So I thought, what can I learn from her? Lately I've been struggling to run. The last 2-3 weeks I haven't been running because I've had no motivation. Running used to be a stress reliever for me, but it started to become a cause of stress. Seeing this sister so brilliantly full of life and happiness gave me a reason to run again. I have an amazing life and I need to stay in good health, both physically and mentally. So today after work (despite my lack of motivation) I went running. It felt like running used to feel. It relieved stress and it made me feel wonderful. I can't wait for tomorrow's run. I found my motivation and inspiration in the life of an amazing woman.

--

When you're afraid of what your heart says, you fall into place with your excuses

Don't say what you mean if you don't mean it

If you're gonna dream, why don't you dream it?

...to life, you come back to life

When you feel paralyzed and could not care

Well open your eyes and see what's there...

And you follow the light, your heart is strong

And make up the time that you have lost...


The song of the moment in my life:

No comments:

Post a Comment